Saturday, November 6, 2010

What Did You Accomplish Last Month?


"What did you accomplish last month?"

Most ambitious people set goals and use task lists. I've seen those task lists. They are usually handwritten on lined paper. Pages and pages of "things to do" with no way to sort out what's important.

I used to do that. But I was never, ever able to accomplish my important long-term goals that way. I doubt those people do either.

The system I use now is more detailed. And it requires you to fool with it twice a day. When you see it, you might think it's obsessive-compulsive and nerdy -- definitely not something that truly bright and cool people would do.

But it works.

In fact, I'm amazed by how well it works.

But, if I had to report what I had done in a typical month 10 years ago, my list would be a fraction of the size of what it is now. Oh, I did a lot of  "busy work", but nothing that really advanced my long-term goals. I was very busy. And I made good money. But my life was speeding by without any hope of being able to look back at it and think, "I did what I wanted to do."



What system are you currently using, if any? Are you happy with your results? Are you moving towards your goals, or are you frustrated with your lack of progress?

Have you done what you wanted to do? Really?


Think back to when you were younger. Did you have aspirations that you eventually closeted away as being unrealistic?

Did you ever want to act in a play? Or write a book? Or learn Italian cooking?

Did you ever want to travel to Egypt or South Africa or Greece?

Do you imagine yourself retired on a beachfront property in some exotic island?

There are so many wonderful things to do before you die. But you have to start making those things happen now... or, chances are, you never will.

We live in difficult times. The economy is bad -- much worse than the government and the media owns up to. And you have many pressing responsibilities. You have to earn a living. You have to pay your bills. You have to be a good spouse/parent/child, etc.

But those are not reasons for preventing you from accomplishing your buried dreams. Those should  be among the reasons that you SHOULD be accomplishing your buried dreams! Never use your family or other responsibilities as an excuse NOT to pursue your dreams.$

[Ed. Note: Ray Buckner is offering a complete blueprint to helping you take control of your financial future with a web-based business that you can operate from anywhere in the world – including a coffee shop, your kitchen table, or anywhere around the world where there is Internet access. Discover how you can achieve the American Dream and your financial independence here. You’ve never seen anything like this before.]

No comments:

Post a Comment